July 07, 2009

Flickr Favorites

1. Teapot pillow, 2. Comme du bonbon, 3. www.flickr.com/photos/81268370@N00/361182568/, 4. Caramel Cupcakes with Strawberry and Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting 1

I love the idea of throwing a tea party. Have you read Pippi Longstocking stories? Mum of Pippi's friend invited aunties for a tea & cake, Pippi sneaks in and manages to behave a bit scandalously, grannies don't like that. But I enjoy reading those stories so!

These days I don't have chances to invite friends to party at my home very often. Everyone is too busy and friends don't live in the neighborhood. When did this change? Hmm, of course it's partly because we decided to buy a house here. An hour away from a city where most of our friends live. Maybe it's because we're getting older. Or maybe people with kids are not so interested in participating in parties so we're afraid of inviting them. On the other hand we do like our privacy and space around us which would be impossible to have in a city. It's nice to spend a weekend at home without a need to get social. But sometimes it's good to meet people. So thanks to my friend Marika who held a birthday party last Saturday. And we promised to invite them to our house soon!

As usual, you will find more mosaics linked to Mitsy's blog!

6 comments:

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

Ohh, Pipi Langstrumpf! I loved her! I loved the cheekyness and I used to have the same braided tails 'cause I wanted to be Pipi too!
I find that each phase of live, does change relationships you have with people, some people will silently 'leave' your life, others will 'enter' just as silent. It's hard to keep up with all the people you meet in all phases of life but real friends are not far away (even if they live far) - they are close wherever you are...

LeelaBijou said...

So pretty and delicate mosaic!

Greet said...

ooh, I do know the tea party of pipi langstrumpf!!!

A beautiful collection you have here!
Summer is a good moment to organise parties and picnics! just do!

Nathalie said...

I don't really remember Pipi story ( Fifi in French)...so to me it reminds more of Alice in Wonderland :)

karuski said...

Yeah, Pippi is the strongest girl in the World! Who wouldn't like to be Pippi;)

I was just thinking that a garden party would be nice to organise, when the weather permits...

-minna

Giusy Jdeebella said...

tea party?! Let's get me in! :) I love tea!! Great choice, and there is also one of my favorite, Patchworkpottery has great things!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

share