December 17, 2009

My Creative Space

I love to play with beautiful beads, I could just collect and arrange them in bowls all day long. To tell the truth sometimes I love to look at them more than creating with them! Now, I would like to make some new earrings and bracelets out of these colorful supplies (mix of wooden beads, vintage plastic and faux pearls). As it looks like the Christmas orders are slowing down in my Etsy now there might be good chances to make something new soon.

This is a custom bracelet I made a couple of weeks ago for an Australian customer. She requested everything in turquoise and as I didn't have any papers in that color I ended up painting the detail on the brass bezel with gouache (laquer is applied on the top to protect the paper). We both agreed it was a good solution. Beads are vintage glass from Japan. Her lovely feedback inspires me to make more jewelry pieces with color in the future too!

I visited our library this week and found a couple of inspiring books about recycled and vintage fabrics. Besides jewelry I'm thinking of making some nice shopping totes, you will see soon. Also, I placed my cotton clutches on sale section. Have a look, there are few pieces available!

Are you already busy with Christmas preparations? I have shopped some handmade online so no need to stress about gifts any longer. Some baking would be nice, just to have that delicious smell around the house...

1 comment:

Andreanna Glamasaurus said...

That is a beautiful bracelet! You should definitely do more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

share