June 08, 2009

Sunday Hike








On Sunday I made a nice trip to our surroundings with H. We bicycled, hiked the paths in an enchanting forest, climbed to a bird watching tower and took some pictures of plants & flowers & scenery. The bird watching tower is located by a small lake not far from my home. I just read that about 100 bird species nest there every year! I'm not an expert on bird species by no means but I could count at least 70 Mute Swans (Cygnus olor) and a few Whooper Swans (Cygnus cygnus) at one end of the lake. There's another tower at the other end where we didn't go now. I could recognise the Sparrows too. They fly so fast and make quick turns, it's hard to catch one in a photo.

After this trip we did some garden work. My back did hurt this morning but it's getting better by now. I hope you had a refreshing weekend too!

17 comments:

Sigmosaics said...

how wonderful to have such beautiful nature walks and hikes nearby to where you live .. it looks amazing! and all those birds .. wow, the sound of their happy little tweets must be incredible .. lovely post!

StaroftheEast said...

Wonderful pictures, seems like a wonderful day!

ira said...

looks like a really wonderful day Minna!

MGMart said...

So beautiful photos Minna!

matchstickgirl said...

beautiful spring feeling ....
all so fresh and new !!!

jealousydesign said...

looks like like you had a calm and nice day :) the nature feels like home. :)

Jane_Bo said...

Very beautiful pictures! You had wonderful day!

Dawn of LaTouchables said...

This Sunday looks idyllic! What a beautiful place to spend free time!

ingermaaike said...

Isn't life just amazing out there in the big outdoors! We are so lucky to be surrounded by such wonderful beauty :-D
And the sore back is why I am getting a recumbent bike, so I can make tours and not be tortured by my bike :-)

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

I love to be out in nature - it refreshes mind and soul! It looks gorgeous out there, Minna! :)

vadjutka said...

I love your bike...I have similar :-)

karuski said...

It was such a pretty and warm day, perefct for an outdoors trip with bike and hike!

Oh Inger, your bike is excellent but too futuristic to my taste! Actually this one I just got not long ago is very good in terms of ergonomics. I like its "modern" granny style too:)

-minna

Anonymous said...

Lovely post Minna, your bike and photo's look great.. sounds like you all had a wonderful day!

Greet said...

oooh, love your pictures, I love the calmt an quietness they express, such a beautiful hike can be so relaxing and inspiring!

RitaJC said...

Thank you so much for sharing!

Beach Cottage Studio said...

Thank you for the gorgeous pictures!

outofthedark said...

goodness gracious! you live in a heavenly place, minna!

no wonder you create such lovely things, inspired by such loveliness!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

share